Animal Boots - Adult Sizes - Size Chart + Material List
Animal Boots for Adults include the following sizes:
Twig + Tale size A-M (Equivalent to US/NZ sizes 5-15)
Scroll down for Fabric Requirement Chart
Exterior: Wool fabric, wool blends, denim, cord or other fabric with reasonable structure. If you use a softer fabric such as fleece, it will create a more slouchy boot. You can also use woollen blankets and felted sweaters for the exterior of your boots.
Lining: Cotton, flannel, and fleece are all suitable. You can also use fluffy fabrics such as sherpa or shearling; however, you may need to go up a size.
Insoles: Soft, comfortable fabric, such as wool from blankets or felted woollen sweaters.
Sole: There are many sewable non-slip fabrics designed specially for shoes/slippers, and using one of these is a simple option. Upcycled options could include leather or suede. Denim or warmer, thicker fabrics could be suitable with the application of paint-on latex or another similar application to reduce slip.
Ears/antennae: Non-fray fabric such as felt, fleece, suede, or leather.
You will need the following amounts for BOTH the exterior and lining fabrics:
|Regular Height Boot||A-C||D-E||F-H||I-M|
|Tall Height Boot||A-D||E||F-M|
Other Supplies & Notions
- Spool of coordinating thread.
- 6-8 binder clips/wonder clips/small pegs or something similar if using leather or suede soles to prevent pin damage to the leather.
- Elastic: up to 17" (42cm) of 1/4" (6mm) wide elastic.
- Embroidery thread or yarn to stitch the facial features.
- Hand sewing needle to stitch the facial features.
- Leather sewing machine needle if using medium or heavyweight leather for soles.
- A water-soluble or erasable marker to mark the features (optional).
- If using heavier-weight wool fabric, you might benefit from using a walking foot.