How to Add Elastic Cuff to Snap Crotch - Barefoot Romper
The Barefoot Romper
is a lovely wee garment for a little one, and the addition of a snap crotch makes it really practical too. Leona shows us a simple way to create a cute elastic cuff as an alternative finish.
1. Sew on the snap crotch pieces according to the tutorial instructions
2. Sew the casing for the elastic on both legs according to the tutorial instructions.
3. Thread the elastic through the casing, making sure to anchor the ends to avoid losing the elastic inside the casing. Secure the ends of the elastic by sewing the ends down at the dotted black line shown in the photo. Use a pin to anchor the end of the elastic and pull gently to stretch the elastic a little, so that once sewn down, the elastic will spring back inside the casing.
4. Trim any excess elastic that is showing. This is how it will look from the right side.
5. Once you have secured the elastic at both ends, repeat on the other leg. Thereafter, apply the snaps according to the tutorial instructions.
Now it is time to try them on your little one and let them explore!
Leona is a mum of three little ones living in Singapore, who fuel her passion for sewing. You can find more of her sewing at @leonawongsoo
Leave a comment