For extra drama, swish, or sun protection, a maxi-length skirt can feel lovely to wear. Fortunately, it's a quick and simple adjustment to lengthen the Children's Fable Dress to a gorgeous, ankle-skimming maxi length.
In order to create a maxi-length skirt, simply add the amount listed in the chart below to the length of the skirt pattern piece.
|Length to add to skirt pattern piece
No additional changes are needed - just cut and sew as described in the tutorial, and enjoy swishing about in a maxi length Fable Dress!
Have you tried the maxi-length Fable Dress? We'd love to see! Please feel free to join us at the Twig + Tale Facebook group where you can ask questions, look for inspiration, and of course share photos of your creations. You can also find us on Instagram - be sure to tag your projects #TTfabledress or #twigandtale so that we can find you.
Read more about the Fable Dress here:
- Introducing the Fable Dress
- How to do a Broad Shoulder Adjustment for the Fable Dress
- How to Make a Simple Front Fable Dress
- How to do a FBA or SBA for the Fable Dress
- How to Add Ruffles to the Fable Dress
- How to Sew a Patch Pocket
- How to Add Piping to a Princess Seam
~ Lovely images by Zephi Perea and Rachel Baldacchino ~