Humpback Whale - Embroidery
Digital Pattern + Video
Skill level: Beginner
Stitch a majestic humpback whale swimming in the deep blue sea.
This pattern uses basic embroidery stitches that are simple to learn. The humpback whale may be stitched with a simple outline, or filled with stitches for a beautiful colour and texture, making the pattern suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers.
This embroidery motif make a lovely addition to garments, pockets, slippers, and home accessories - anywhere you'd like to add a whimsical, decorative touch!
Love all the whales? Check out the whale embroidery bundle here for the best value.
- illustrated and video stitching lessons
- supplies and materials guide
- guide for which stitches to use
- stitch direction guide for filling the whale
- designs in multiple sizes and reversed templates
- print-at-home templates and NEW: Projector files!
The templates include three whale sizes (7cm/2.75", 8.5cm/3.4" and 10cm/4" from nose to tail fluke). The stitched samples show the 7 cm/1.7" humpback whale.
Learn to Embroider
New to embroidery? We offer a free Learn to Embroider Series, delivered directly to you via email.
It contains video lessons for 6 simple stitches, and a free design to practice with!
Printing Info + FAQ
This is a print-at-home PDF pattern and includes two printing options:
- US Letter/A4 - tiled and designed to print on your home printer
Projector - specially-formatted and optimized for home projector use.
Read more about using our projector files here
View pattern FAQ